Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Saturday

Today I took my big test - the School Leadership Licensure Assessment. I have to pass this in order to be a principal. It was 100 multiple choice questions - many of which were very tricky because two answers would have worked - and 7 short response questions - only twenty minutes to write out a response per question. It was really difficult to focus because my nose was stuffy, I was tired and the room was freezing. I pulled the hood on my sweatshirt up because I was so cold. I don't know if I did well or not. It's the sort of test that you could feel good about it and bomb it or feel terrible about it and ace it. I'll find out in a month.

The good news is, when I got home, the boys had been good for the sitters...yes, sitters plural. I felt like it was unfair for there to only be one sitter, so I hired two to watch them while I was testing. They had already eaten lunch so all I had to do was make sure they went down for a nap and then I took a nap! This evening there were a couple of frustrating and hairy moments, but overall Noah and Colby played well together. They created chaos in their room, but they helped clean up, so that was okay. If only I could get them to stop hitting when their angry and Noah to stop screaming over everything, that would be great. But then I wouldn't have anything to blog about :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment