Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, June 12, 2010

School's Out For Summer!

Hey everyone! I know it's been some time since I last posted. I started an on-line class and since I spend so much time on the computer for the class I'm less likely to be on it for personal use (as you can tell!) Plus I've been reading an interesting series of books. Imagine the year is 1998 and all electronics, cars and guns stop working. These books suppose what the world would be like if that happened. They're interesting. The first is Dies the Fire, then The Protectors War and last Meeting at Corvallis. Plus after teaching my students The Road, I'm more interested in reading Post-Apocolypse books.

My students' last day at school was last Thursday. I always feel a mixture of relief and sadness at the end of a school year. Since August I've been working my tail off to teach them something and I'm glad thats over, but I also don't know what I'm going to do with myself over the summer. And I think I'm going to miss my fellow teachers. I think the daycare Colby goes to will be glad to get a break from him for almost two months. He bit some poor kid on the face the other day! I hope this summer he'll break his habit of biting and learn some more words.

Over the last several weeks we've been working on cleaning up the spare bedroom for Colby to use. I'm hoping that after the beach he'll transition to that room so that his baby room can be used for future Gill babies. I've finished most of the shelves I was making, they just need to be painted and hung and then the background painted green. I'm excited to see the finished product! Hopefully it'll look like I'm a home dcorating genious!

No comments:

Post a Comment