Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Carter!

Well, last time I wrote on my blog, I thought I had two weeks until Carter would be here. Boy can things change quickly! I went to the doctor on Friday May 11th only to discover that my blood pressure was high and my amniotic fluid was low. I was slightly irritated about my blood pressure because it had been perfect the entire time and I didn't have a lot of swelling until that day. At any rate the doctor said that I needed to go to the hospital and that they were going to go ahead and do a c-section. I was like "Oh man!" because Brandon was in Roanoke. He was supposed to be helping to lock down the Roanoke airport for the arrival and departure of Michelle Obama who was speaking at graduation at VT. So I called him, told him what was up and he did 80-85 down the interstate because we weren't sure when the surgery would be. He didn't have to rush though, because I had to wait eight hours since I'd had breakfast that morning. They wheeled me into the OR. My only thought was that last time I must have been really out of it because I felt a little overwhelmed and intimidated by the whole process. But Brandon sat with me and at 3:33 Carter Edward Gill was born and all was well in the world :-) He was 5 pounds 6 ounces and 18 inches long. I thought for sure he was going to be bigger than Colby, but he was a full pound smaller! My parents came down that day and my mother-in-law picked up Colby from daycare and they all got to meet Carter that day. I think Colby was a little unsure of the hospital and I think he was really confused as to why we were staying there, but I think he was excited to see Carter. He's taken to being a big brother like a fish to water. As I write this, Carter has gained back the weight he lost and then some and he's doing great! I'm feeling a bit sleep deprived, but that's nothing a nap can't fix. Thank goodness for good medicines because I think I'd be a pretty pathetic person without them. I still feel pain, but nothing I can't handle. I get my staples removed Friday. Well, speaking of naps...ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment