Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pressed for Time

Yesterday I got a frantic phone call during my fourth block class. The foster care agency we work with wanted to know if we would take a six year old girl foster child and they wanted to know in 10 minutes if we would do it. I didn't panic, but I felt a little stressed because I had students in the classroom and I needed to talk to Brandon. I got my students started on something and then called Brandon. We made a quick decision that we could do it. It turned out that social services probably found a relative for her to stay with, which is good because that means she probably knows the people instead of staying with total strangers (even if we have a good heart!). I got just a slight bit irritated about them rushing us for a decision when it turned out that they didn't even need us. Anyway that means we get a nice calm weekend and I don't have to worry about three school drop-offs on Monday.

The seeds I planted finally sprouted so I fixed my gardening lights last night. I hope I get some great plants this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment