Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Colby's Birthday!

So, Colby turned two on Saturday. We'd already started celebrating his birthday the weekend before when I visited my parents. We got some great presents, but the most useful present came in the form of a fixed toy box. My dad fixed my old toy box so that it wouldn't fall on Colby's head and we used it on Sunday to store all of his new toys including a bowling set and some big legos. The present he's played with the most so far - the toy vaccum cleaner :-)

Last week I went to Bible study and we learned about work. Did you know that God created us to have a job and to work? And he didn't create us to complain about it? I'd never really given it much thought until that night, but after that, I noticed how much people griped about work and how often I wanted to gripe about being at work. Then I realized that God would not have created me to work and then not given me the energy or drive to get it done. I hope I can remind myself of that daily - then it'll make things a lot easier :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment