Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Left Lane Blockers

So, I left late on Friday to go visit my parents. We stopped twice, once for gas and once to change Colby's diaper so it didn't explode while he was stuck in his car seat. The drive was relatively uneventful and pleasant even as I switched stations often in search of good driving music which I usually found. I will say though, that lately one of my biggest pet peeves is Left Lane Blockers.

Left Lane Blockers are people that don't get over even though the people behind them are going faster than them. Sure, it's not against the law to hang out in the left lane, but it's a courtesy to move just like it's a courtesy to move when someone wants to merge onto the interstate. I myself am notorious for getting in the left lane and cruising, but I move when someone comes up behind me. Here's why: 1) Let them go and clear out the cops, 2) You don't know who is behind you getting angrier the longer you sit there - it could be a felon with a gun and I for one don't want to take that chance, 3) people drive very crazily to get around Left Lane Blockers and I'm sure that plenty of accidents are caused because of this. So if you're in the left lane and you're going slower, move over!

No comments:

Post a Comment