Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas Shopping

I feel pretty awesome about the status of my Christmas shopping this year. I've bought nearly everything I want to buy and have put off buying some big purchases so I can make those on Black Friday while visiting with my family. I'm going a little different this year with things that I've made personally. That's always a little iffy in my book because if they don't like it then that's all on me...but I hope that they appreciate it more because I made the effort.

Speaking of visiting with my family, I can't wait to get out of Radford and spend Wednesday to Sunday in Hampton. I also cannot wait for a break from my students. I feel like I might kill someone if I don't get some quality time away from them. I don't mean to gripe, but the teenagers in my classes are just so disrespectful and hateful that sometime I wonder why I do what I do. I wonder if it's just a low socioeconomic area problem or just a problem with teenagers in general. Either way if they don't change their ways they'll have a hard time keeping a job, having a stable personal life and in general they will be a burden to society, which is sad and frustrating to me. At any rate, I am glad to take a break from that and I hope when we get back in December we'll be able to tolerate each other better.

No comments:

Post a Comment