Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, January 17, 2011

Long Weekend!

I realized today that nobody can make your blood boil like your own kids. Getting Colby to pick up his toys today was like a battle. I got so frustrated that he had to go to timeout because he wouldn't listen. After that he came back and helped clean up, but I didn't miss the sharp spike of anger in me. I'm unwilling to clean up after Colby, however, so I guess it was worth it in the end.

Overall he was pretty good over the long weekend. He did well at dinner on Saturday with all of Brandon's family. It's sort of funny that he always wants to sit with other people. I joke and say that everyone is cooler than mommy and daddy. He did throw a fit yesterday when we were playing wii with Brandon's parents. He wanted to be part of it, so we found him a "remote" to play with and I let him play baseball with me. I didn't know it, but daycare was open today. I thought it would be close for MLKJr. Day, but I got a call asking if he was coming in. I think I would have taken him just to have some time to veg out and not have to watch hours of cartoons, but we had a good day.

I started watching this new show called "The Cape". Pretty corny, but for some reason I keep watching it. I mean, some criminal just killed four people with playing cards...ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment