Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Years!!

Happy New Year's everyone! I hope your 2010 was fabulous and that your 2011 is off to an equally fabulous start. Christmas 2010 was wonderful for the Gill family. Brandon had to work, but I put on my big girl panties and made it work for Colby. He got his presents from Santa on Christmas and we opened family present the day after. So far Colby has really enjoyed his carpet with the roads on it, the new matchbox cars to add to his collection, and he alternates between Chuck, the John Deere truck and Mr. Potato head the rest of the time.

We've been fairly low key since Christmas, mostly spending our time hanging out. Finally got to see the movie "Easy A", which I thoroughly enjoyed. Even got a chuckle out of Brandon from time to time. I've been getting the itch to organize things in the house - so far I've cleaned up the entertainment center, the laundry shelf in the laundry room, and I'm attempting to clean out the rest of the laundry room. My goal for the rest of today after typing this is to take down the Christmas tree so I won't have to worry about it this coming week.

So New Years resolutions? Hmm...this is hard because I always resolve to do something, but I don't even remember what those somethings are. Eat better? Work out? Get my finances strait? We can obviously see how well those things have worked out. So I'm picking a couple small things and I'm just going to see how far I make it.

1. I'm putting that dog in obedience class - he's currently outside barking at the wind. (Easy enough I think)

2. I'm giving up Frontierville - this a harmless little game you can play on Facebook, but it's eating up my time when I could be doing other things like crocheting, writing stories, or simply playing with Colby.

3. I'm giving up soft drinks - this is the one I think I'm least likely to accomplish as I have a long love affair with Diet Dr. Pepper. But I'd like to give it an honest try. I had lemonade at Chick-fil-a yesterday so I'm off to a good start.

I'll let you know how it goes.

4. Get pregnant - many of you know that this was one of my goals for last year, but obviously my timing is not God's timing. Maybe God and I can come up with some sort of compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment