Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Feel Stupid

I had to take Rolly to the vet and I got made to feel stupid. If I'm honest I'll admit that my feelings were hurt. I'm not used to taking care of puppies. I've only had full grown dogs up until this point who are fairly low maintenence. I don't claim to know how to house train, though he seems to be learning by example pretty well, and I was uncertain how much to feed Rolly and how often, but everything seemed to be going well since he was growing and acting playful and such. Today I let him inside around 5:30 and noticed he was shaking. I decided to take him to the vet where I was informed that they couldn't find anything wrong and that he should be eating at least twice a day, which he had been except for today. They thought he had low blood sugar and wanted to keep him overnight. I said okay even though I almost fainted when I looked at the charges for it. So at any rate I'm going to ask for the vets advice on when and how much he should be eating so that they won't think that I'm some sort of hateful dog owner who doesn't take care of her dogs and so we don't have this problem again. I was also told that he shouldn't be staying outside that long, though he was only onside from about 1:30 to 5:30. Yeah it was rainy, but he has dry places to hang out and it wasn't incredibly cold. I'm sure she didn't mean to sound hateful, but I guess I just felt stupid and ignorant, which I certainly don't enjoy.

The stuff with Rolly was the end of a hectic day. I got up early to drive to Abingdon for my internship where we talked about stuff fromm 9-12 and then I had to drive all the way back. And then this! It was a crazy day and might have been avoided if I had thought to put some dog food in Rolly's bowl this morning, but my brain was going in all sorts of directions and I got distracted. I won't get distracted again because my bank accouny can't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment