Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, March 18, 2011

My Daffodils Bloomed!

You may wonder why that's important, but it is. I've been impatiently waiting for spring to come to see what came up from my planting adventure last fall. The tulips are on their way as well, but I think it'll be a couple more weeks before those come up. I also decided I wasn't going to buy any more plants until the daffodils bloomed, so today when I saw their yellow, sunny blooms, I went to walmart and purchased to yellow pansies and a purple something or other that will go in a container for now and in the flowerbed later. I'm really looking forward to making my flowerbeds gorgeous. I'm starting with the one out front to see how it works. Should I plant things in a regular pattern, mix it up a bit, mix colors or go for a pop of one color? Truthfully I'm ridiculously envious of the pictures in those gardening magazines...but there is one thing I've learned from reading them and that is most of those gardens took years and years of hard work to look like that. I keep reminding myself of that so I won't get too down on the shape of my flowerbeds.

In other news I just lined up my internship for the fall. I'll be interning under Stacey Heller at Critzer Elementary School. I feel weird about interning at an elementary school because I haven't really been in an elementary school for any substatial time since...hmmm....since I was in elementary school eons ago. I just keep telling myself that teaching is teaching, parents are parents and students are students and it'll all be okay. I really DO want to do this internship to keep my options open as far as getting an elementary principalship. Who knows, maybe I'll even learn to like it. Maybe kids who actually fear the principal and getting in trouble will be a refreshing change. Maybe parents who care will actually restore my faith in parents in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment