Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Adventures in Cleaning

So I'm almost two weeks into my summer vacation, but I'm definately not bored. Brandon has been off for most of the two weeks so we've been hanging out and doing things as a family that we don't normally get to do during the school year. We've started cleaning up the extra bedroom so that it looks like a place where a foster child could live instead of an extra storage closet. I've cleaned out my half of our closet so that I can store my sewing stuff. I had no idea there were so many clothes up there that I didn't like/were too small. I started a pile of clothes to take to goodwill too.

I think we're getting pretty excited about the prospects of being a foster parent. We bought another car seat just in case we need it, plus it's just good to have an extra car seat because you never know when you're going to need one. Our last home visit is next Monday so hopefully after that we'll be ready to go.

Today I made some crab cakes and hush puppies. It made me miss home :-( But I'm excited because I will be coming to visit in July :-) The 22-24 to be exact.

No comments:

Post a Comment