Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week Two...

So we're well into our second week of fostering three kids. We dearly love them all, though they all present some different challenges. Sahara, the baby, is great. She mostly sleeps through the night and rarely cries unless she's hungry or tired. She's a real pleasure to have in the house. Ariyana is really sweet when she's not pouting. She does have a killer pouty face, but I like her better when she smiles :-) She's mostly non-verbal, but I think very soon she'll start picking up words. We just keep talking to her and hoping she'll start talking back. Noah is definately out of the honeymoon phase these days. Sometimes he and Colby play nicely, but the rest of the time they're fussing with each other or being pouty with each other. They fight constantly over everything from being in each other's space to he took my truck. I can't wait for daycare to start next week so they can get a break from each other and maybe peace can reign in my house. I firmly believe that Noah is not a bad kid. He's just not used to sharing with someone his age all the time. There's been lots of temper tantrums today too, which I'm not fond of. I know I'm slightly overwhelmed when I can't wait for a meeting tomorrow for school. I can't wait to listen to adults - not fussing, not screaming, not yelling. I don't even care what they talk about tomorrow just as long as I don't have to break up a fight between three year olds or put anyone in timeout!

No comments:

Post a Comment