Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, August 24, 2012

First Week of School

I just finished my first week of school. I'm so tired! I am not used to being in a classroom anymore and all this walking around makes my hips and feet so sore! And I'm not used to speaking for long amounts of time and catch myself saying "um" and "uh" a lot. By the end of the day I feel like I've given all I have to give.

Carter started daycare this week. He seems to be doing okay. I've been bringing his formula so that they can make it at school instead of pre-making it like I did for Colby. It's funny - Carter is usually napping or hanging out when I get there, never crying. But there's another kid named Carter that is crying in the morning when I come and crying in the afternoon when I come back. I'm super glad my Carter isn't like that, though he is fussy in the evenings sometimes. My theory is that he's tired when he comes home and therefore fussy. Generally, though, he's a pretty good baby :-)

Colby also started this week at school. Every day he's run into class and in the minute it takes me to sign him in, he's off playing with his friends. I get a bye momma and an I love you from across the room. I'm not complaining, though. That's a lot better than dropping him off and having him cry. He's been pretty tired and cranky when I pick him up, but I think when he gets used to the routine again, it'll be a lot better.

Now I know I need to clean up the house a bit...but it can wait until tomorrow because I'm going to bed after I make a couple bottles for Carter :-)

Oh! And I'm really excited that Brandon goes back to shift after labor day! Now I'll know his schedule way in advance and not the day before! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment