Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lately...

Things have been pretty calm in my life lately. There's been a little drama at school with a parent...but you're almost not doing your job right if there's not a parent causing drama. The end result of the drama is that I'm not allowed to show the movie The Road, which is rated R for non-sexual naked butts, to my students even if I have parental permission, even if we already read the book. I'm glad to still be able to read the book though. Surprisingly my students really enjoy The Road, especially my boys, and it would be a shame to not be able to read it.

Yesterday we went over to my in-laws' house to clean out their garage. It took about three hours to get it looking good. My brother-in-law suggested we go over to each others houses once a month to clean - I would totally go for that...they can all come to my house next month and help us clean up and organize the attic. It's craziness up there! Yesterday I also started sewing a Vera Bradley-style purse. I had found some fabric at Walmart I liked and I had some extra batting from a quilt I made, so I started cutting and sewing yesterday and finished today. It looks pretty good except for the batting on the inside showing...I might have to come up with an idea on how to make it look better because when you look down into it you can certainly tell that it's hand-made. Looks good from a distance though!

Today I decided that since it wasn't icy cold outside that I'd go do some weeding. I ended up cutting my hands up a bit - use gloves! - but I got a bunch of stuff to add to my compost pile! The next time it's nice out I need to work on my two raised beds...I should be getting some strawberries for them soon and need a place to plant them that's weed free!

No comments:

Post a Comment