Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Sunday, February 17, 2013

What a Busy Week!

This week has been a crazy week. It started with Carter's daycare calling to tell me that they thought he had pink eye and that I needed to take him to the doctor. I knew he didn't have pink eye...the area UNDER his eye was red, but not his actual eye. I still ended up having to take the rest of the day off to take him to the doctor. He didn't have pink eye. He had excema under his eye that is not contagious and is now cleared up with the help of some hydrocortizone cream. I made sure the doctor put it in writing and gave it to daycare to put in his file.

This weekend we also had our first experience with respite care. Lets just say that I have a whole new appreciation for foster parents who bring difficult children into their homes. Not that he was horrible but we had some issues with aggression and impulse control - not all that unusal with three year olds - but most of the time it was directed toward Carter, which is a problem. Colby was also a bit of a drama queen so if the other little boy even put his hands on him, he would come crying to me. I certainly won't do something like that again unless Brandon is off from work - that was the longest afternoon of my life.

The last thing I did this weekend involved the garden. I finally got my seeds from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. I chose a lot of heirloom seeds. I decided to start a few things this weekend - peppers, eggplant and parsley. In a couple weeks I'll start another set of peppers and tomatoes! I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment