Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Crazy Weather!

The weather has been bizzare lately. Last week it was in the sixties and I zipped home to go for a walk and bike ride with Colby and Carter. Then the next day it poured all day long and then the wind kicked up and it rained some more. The temperature dropped through the floor too! It was so windy on Thursday that we didn't have school - I think they were afraid the wind would be an issue for the buses. Plus it kept raining and I'm sure some places were too flooded to get out. Then on top of that it snowed on Friday and we got another day off from school! I can't tell you how many warnings and watches we've had in the last six or seven days, it's been a little ridiculous. As I type it's snowing again!

Having all these days off has been pretty good (aside from the thought that we'll have to make them up sometimes...sigh). On Thursday Colby asked if we could go to the pool. I agreed and Brandon and I took him to the pool while Carter was at daycare. That was the first time I've had a bathing suit on in a while and while I wasn't super model confident, it wasn't so bad to be seen in a bathing suit :-) After the pool we went to Chick-fil-a. Yesterday we chilled, but today we went to the circus! I haven't been to the circus since I was a little girl and I enjoyed it. The best parts were the scary ones - the globe with the five dirt bikes, the dirt bike guy that made several huge jumps and the trapeze artists. I enjoyed the animals too, but was disappointed that they didn't have any horses. Tomorrow will be a low key day - I'll be making low carb chili for the superbowl :-) I hope the commercials are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment