Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Showing Our Creative Sides

So I don't really get to do very much crafting at my house or creative planning, so I have to wait until someone has a baby or gets married to try out ideas I see on the internet. Well, my husband's cousin's wife is having a baby girl and I got to be creative. One thing I saw on the internet was an alternate way to hang paper lanterns - tree branches in vases. My neighbor cut down some trees for us and there's a huge pile of branches that I pulled these beauties out of. My mother-in-law bought the lanterns and such and I think they turned out pretty good!


Another thing I wanted to try was making hair bows instead of doing a game. I mean she is having a girl after all! So here's my bow making station. I think it turned out well, but I discovered that lots of people are really timid about crafting. Don't be timid people! It's just felt and glue, you can't really mess it up, but you can burn yourself so be careful!


Brandon also got to get his creative side out by making a "fruit baby"! Here's how it turned out. I know, cute right! I was a hit at the shower, but people were afraid to actually eat the fruit because it looked so cute! More for us to eat I guess!


All in all it was a good time. Thanks for all others involved for letting me use up some of my creative energy and indulging my whims without knowing how it would turn out. If anyone wants some help or tips on how to do a bow making station let me know! I learned a lot putting that together! Have a good day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment