Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Today is my grandma's birthday...Happy Birthday Grandma!! On this momentous occasion I was thinking about how I'm SOOOOOO blessed to have known three grandparents and one step-grandparent for such a long amount of time. I even have vivid memories of three of my great-grandmothers! My grandparents were such a blessing when I was growing up. They looked out for me, supported me, loved me unconditionally, and were always very clear about how proud they were of me.


So now on grandma's birthday, here's some of my favorite memories of this very special woman:

Spending the summer at her house eating grilled cheeses (a smushed one for Michele) and playing outside.

Going to see new Disney movies in the theater including Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and the Lion King.

Grandma helped with snacks at Bible School and when I was too old for Bible School, I helped Grandma!

Grandma singing in the choir at church.

Seeing Grandma sitting in the stands watching softball games, though I'm sure it was boring at times.

Sitting with Grandma at Great-Grandma's house while we visited.

Grandma meticulously handing out Christmas presents to make sure all the kids opened one at the same time and all the adults opened one at the same time.

Watching Grandma cook in the kitchen during Thanskgiving and other family holidays.

I hope you had a wonderful day Grandma!!

2 comments: