Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Blues

I woke up this morning and was pretty happy. Colby slept from like 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. and Brandon and I were going to have the evening together to go to Bible study. Then, on my way to work, Brandon called to say that he'd been put on power shift and had to work tonight (power shift is 5 p.m. to 3 a.m.). I won't even be able to see him because he'll have to leave before I get home. When I see him Saturday morning, I won't have seen him for over 36 hours. This just ruins every plan I had for this evening. I don't even feel like going to Bible study anymore. We're going to be talking about how well we communicate with our spouses and I'm just going to be reminded that my spouse is working when he was supposed to be with us. And I bet he'll be tired tomorrow so we won't be able to go on our date. I hate the fact that the job he loves involves shifts that can change at the drop of a hat. I don't mind rotating shifts, those are predicatable. This change to power shift isn't.

Grrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment