Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blueberries Everywhere!

Yesterday I took Colby blueberry picking. I'd never been picking around here...as a matter of fact I haven't been blueberry picking since I was a kid. There was a place out in Giles County about 10 miles past Virginia Tech that was great! We had such a good time. Of course it took Colby a while to figure out that the you're not supposed to pick the green ones and the look on his face when he ate a green one was pretty funny. He stayed near my the whole time and picked some good berries (and ate some good berries). It got kind of hot toward the end, but it was so relaxing and the view was beautiful. If they're open next weekend, I might take Brandon there :-) You know those containers you get at the grocery store for strawberries? We filled up one big square one and two small ones for $13. I think that's a score. I was going to try making some blueberry cream cheese pound cake, but I felt that taking a nap was a much higher priority today :-) I'll make some pound cake tomorrow :-) I did however make blueberry pancakes this morning...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment