Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake...Yum

I finally made some blueberry cream cheese pound cake. One word - delicious! If you want the recipe here it is: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/blueberry-cream-cheese-pound-cake-i/detail.aspx

This has been the hottest day of the summer so far. The heat index is well into the hundreds. I'm sure our electric bill will be ridiculous when we get our next one, but thankfully the A/C doesn't cost as much as heat. We apparently keep our A/C a lot higher than lots of people (75) but we use fans in the living room and bedrooms, though I 've been contemplating putting one in the kitchen too.

We've been trucking along in summer school. I had one kid get smart with the school resource officer and my fellow administrator yesterday. He was suspended for today and will be back tomorrow. We'll see if he can behave himself. Other than that most of our issues have been minor and a lot of paperwork. We are halfway through and nobody has quit yet, so I guess that's an accomplishment :-) I think I like this internship because there are some problems that have to be figured out and parents dealt with beyond the discipline issues that I spent a lot of time on at the high school. I think the lady in charge wants to give it up next year. I think in her mind she thinks she's training me to take her place. I think I'd do it if I haven't been hired to be a principal somewhere else by then. It's a pain to deal with some of the things, but I think overall it's a decent three weeks worth of extra pay :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment