Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, March 9, 2012

I wonder...

You know, not having foster kids has it's perks. The house has been cleaner for longer, I get to spend a lot more time with Colby and Brandon, we don't have to run around as much taking them to various appointments and I don't wake up in the mornings to the sound of Ariyana screaming. I can drive out to Walmart at almost any time since Colby is pretty good to go shopping with and I don't have to fight any small children into bedtime or naptime. I can spend time planning our gardents and which vegetables to plant where and when. But sometimes when Colby's engrossed in X-men and I am just sitting around avoiding housecleaning (like now) I miss the Rose kids. I wonder what they're doing, I wonder if Sahara is smiling, I wonder if Ariyana is using her words and if Noah is playing with his Barbies. I wonder what they're future holds and I wish God would just grant me one glimpse of their grown-up-selves so I'll know that everything turns out okay.

In other news, the English teachers pre-ordered their Hunger Games tickets. I'm going to find someone to watch Colby (March 23 if you're interested in watching Colby!) and go out and enjoy myself :-) I heard that it will be in imax so maybe Brandon and I will catch it in Hampton when we go visit my parents for Easter - a trip I'm really looking forward to! I think this movie will be really good and if it's not then it will still be fun to hang with the teachers outside of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment