Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beach & Veggies


Hey all! We just got back from the beach yesterday around 9p.m. We rented a house in Nags Head and it ended up perfect! You never know what you're going to get, but in this case we got a house that was a five minute walk to the beach. Plus Colby loved the beach! He wasn't scared at all of the waves, but he did get knocked over a few times. It's a good thing that my parents gave us a life jacket for him to wear just in case he fell. He liked playing with the sand also, but not as much as playing in the water. He was also very sociable. He went up to everyone and flashed his blue eyes and they were all in love.


We enjoyed the food to the max - I had crab cakes, I grilled tuna, another night we had blue crabs and on the Friday we came home I had fried oysters. On the Friday we left we decided to eat out for dinner instead of having leftovers. We didn't really know where we were going to stop, so by the time we ended up seeing something on the outer banks, we were already past it. So we ended up crossing the bridge to the mainland and by some fluke we saw a sign that said Coinjock Marina Restaurant. We decided to go and it was the best! It was a little marina on the intercostal waterway. We sat outside on their deck as the sun set next to a 75 foot yacht. I felt like we were living the high life :-)


So today Colby actually slept in until 9:00a.m., which is sort of funny because every day on our vacation he was up between 6 and 7a.m. EVERY DAY! But it was nice to sleep in even if it wasn't while we were on vacation. This evening I went to the garden and picked some veggies! I got some green beans and two green peppers. The tomatoes are still green, but when they turn red, we'll have a ton of them! Plus the squash and zuchinne actually bloomed, so I'm hopeful we'll have something there too. I apparently suck at growing onions...they all died. I'm thinking I didn't plant them deep enough. Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment