Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Paint Project

Yesterday I decided to paint the kitchen. I decided that I would paint the walls that had cabinets on them (so above and below them). I decided to paint it yellow so that it would match our dishes and give the room some color other than white and blue. I wasn't fully thrilled last night, but with a good night's drying, it has dried to a slightly lighter shade of yellow and I'm very pleased. I'm not sure Brandon was pleased though when he got home and saw it. I think he was just grumpy from getting home late because all he asked was if I'd gotten a small can or a big can of paint. I don't know why I decided to paint. In my head I keep thinking that when I come home from school this year, I want to be able to enjoy my house and the way it looks and not say "ugh" when I walk in. And since we OWN our house, I want a pop of color on our walls because we can! Nothing too crazy, though, because I'm sure we're eventually going to sell it. I was thinking of going a little crazy in Colby's room, but now I think I'll just accessorize!! Not that he cares, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment