Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, July 31, 2009

Today I got to walk by myself for once. Usually I go to Bisset Park, walk the big loop while pushing Colby in the stroller and when I'm done we take a break and cruise around the playground so that Colby can run around. Today Brandon took Colby to the playground and I walked the loop at Bisset Park with my iPod and myself. You may not think this is such a big deal, but when you spend your whole summer watching a toddler that requires a lot of attention, it's nice just to be able to walk the trail by yourself.

Today we also attempted to get a blood sample from Colby to check his phe levels. Unfortunately we poked him three times and barely got any blood out of him. I think I'm going to have to call Barbara on Monday to see what we're doing wrong. Before the summer started Brandon and I made a goal to get Brandon more involved in Colby's medical stuff, but I dislike trying to do blood samples with Brandon around. All he can think about when we do it is the first time they took blood from Colby in the hospital - apparently he cried A LOT when that happened - and Brandon was the only one there to comfort him and I think Brandon felt helpless to help his baby. Even though we do these blood tests for Colby's health, it's still hard for him to do it. He gets a grumpy look on his face and all of the sudden I can't do anything right. It's really hard to do it sometimes, but somehow we'll get through.

Weight level - down 16 pounds! Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment