Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cold, Sick and Poison Control

It's 16 degrees outside as I type. It feels like zero. I'm sick, Brandon is sick, the dog is sick, but not Colby, though I'm not sure that's great or not.

Yesterday I had to call poison control for the first time ever. I had taken some Nyquill on Sunday night and left the bottle on the kitchen counter...yeah, the "child proof" bottle. I went to take a shower on Monday morning, got out and Colby was nowhere to be seen. I walked toward the kitchen and smelled the Nyquill and discovered the ENTIRE bottle spilled all over the kitchen floor in it's green gooy wonder. I asked Colby if he'd drank any of it, and of course he said yes, though there wasn't any on his face. I called poison control and she said to give him some cereal and watch out for him getting drowsy. She said he would have had to of drank 3 ounces of the stuff for it to be toxic, but I assured her that there wasn't any way he drank 3 ounces because I cleaned up A LOT of Nyquill. The floor is still sticky!

No comments:

Post a Comment