Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, December 6, 2010

O Winter How I Hate Thee

I have come to the conclusion that I hate winter. There is nothing awesome about it. Sure it is pretty sometimes, like when I can sit in my house and watch it snow or appreciate how the snow makes everything clean again, but then I have to go outside and the wind takes my breath away in a terrible, terrible way. Then I have to deal with nasty salt road sludge dirtying up my windshield with my wiper fluid frozen. Then I hear money going out the window every time my heat comes on, which is much more frequently than I desire. Then I sit in my freezing house wearing a sweatshirt over a sweater and wishing it were the depths of summer. Winter sucks. I still haven't put up my outside Christmas decorations and won't for the foreseeable a future. I mean the high for the next couple of days won't make it above freezing with winds gusting near 40 mph. And it's not even officially winter!! Summer, you can't get back fast enough! I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment