Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back to the Weigh Station!

Today was my first appointment at the Weigh Station of the New Year. I'd taken a break and hadn't been since Nov. 8th. I had decided to not worry about ketosis (that's when my body breaks down fat...you have to eat only protein to get to this stage and then you add back some fruits and vegetables and strive to stay in ketosis by staying away from carbs) and stay on diet when I could and not worry about it when I was at a party or get-together. Today I am glad to report that I did not sabatoge myself! I lost 3 pounds since my last appointment! I want to lose another 26 pounds and then I will re-evaluate where I am. If I look at a BMI chart, I need to get below 150 pounds to be considered normal. I think I can get there, but I think I might have a hard time keeping it off. I've read a few articles about how your body is always strivng to get back to your highest weight...I sure hope not! And I REALLY hope those articles aren't talking about pregnancy weight! Anyway...tally ho!

1 comment:

  1. No I don't think the articles are talking about pregnancy weight. I don't even think its necessarily true about other weight gain either. I think that we do have a baseline of weight. I have gained 20# of non pregnancy weight and 60# of pregnancy weight but I managed to get back to my baseline each time. It took me 1 year to lose 20# of nonpregnancy weight and took me 6months to lose 60# of pregnancy weight. My trick is weigh myself every other day to make sure I am not slowly gaining and to eat less meat and dairy and more fruits and veggies. Running helps too but I don't do it as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete