Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Coming School Year

Today I swung by school to talk to my department head about the coming year. Originially there wasn't supposed to be any co-teaching, but they changed their mind and I have three different co-teachers for the coming school year. One they apparently want to fire, but can't, so I'm stuck with her. The other two are really good people. I worked with one of them last school year so I'll know what to expect from her. Unfortunately I don't like how they did this. How am I really supposed to co-teach with three different co-teachers at the same time!? I know they all have their degrees in special ed, but by having three different co-teachers I'm going to be forced to treat them like glorified aides because I don't have time to plan adequately with each person.

I also took a peek in my classroom...it's a complete mess! I don't know how they could have possibly screwed it up more. I think I'll have to move every single piece of furniture because NOTHING is in the right place.

Colby had fun visiting school, though. He ran around the pod and visited with the few teachers that were there. At least it's a good place to visit right now because it's clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment