Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Food That's Not for Babies :-)

Today I kept thinking it was the middle of the week instead of Saturday. I don't know why, though. Maybe subconciously I don't want to go back to school so I start rewinding my week. As far as school goes, we finally got a schedule for next week. It's going to be crazy because we are learning a new software system to keep track of everything from attendance to grades. I think I'll catch on pretty quick, but I think it will be annoying at training. The people that read my blog are very computer literate - unfortunately a lot of the older teachers at my school aren't. We also have to go to this dumb thing on Monday so that our superintendant can talk about energy conservation. Now, energy conservation is really important, but I don't need my superintendant to talk to me for over an hour about how to do this. Really all I can do is turn of my lights and my computer - nothing else is within my control. And since I already do these things, what's the point in sitting in uncomfortable chairs for an hour learning about energy conservation! And some principals and superintendants wonder why their teachers are so frustrated. I have a bunch of things I need to do before students start wondering the halls, so I'd rather be doing those things.

Colby decided to try eating a baby wipe today. Apparently they don't taste good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment