Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This Week

So, this week has been full of sucky parts and good parts. On Tuesday we had to work from 8:00a.m. until 7p.m. We had to be in our rooms from 1-7pm so that 9th graders could get the schedule and walk through it to meet all of their teachers. I really enjoyed getting to meet some of the 9th graders and their parents, they seem like a really good group of smart and pleasant children. The only thing I didn't really like was being at school for 11 hours minus lunch. Today was a day of meetings. We had to watch these videos and get into groups to discuss the main points and then present them to the entire faculty. We also had to go over the student and faculty handbooks today. We also had a presentation about dropout rates, which I'm proud to say has decreased a lot in my county since I've been working there. Tomorrow we get to spend some time actually working, which is exciting to me because I need to finish putting up a bulletin board, finish putting up posters and then work on typing some assignments sheets for the first few assignments that are coming up fast.

Brandon hung out with Colby a bunch yesterday. When I came home he'd been asleep for about an hour already. He fell asleep eating dinner because he was so pooped.

Brandy has been driving us crazy lately. This weekend she got out and ended up at animal control all weekend. Yesterday she got out twice and today some random little girl brought him back after I got home. She's been getting out of this teeny, tiny opening in the fence. We keep putting stuff in front of it, but she still manages to sneak through. I'm trying chicken wire tonight. See if you can get through those holes, Brandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment