Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, August 24, 2009

School Crazed Zuchinie Bread

Today was my first full day back to school. Last week I worked a few flex days to get my room in order, but this week we have a ton of meeting and in-services scheduled. Today we had convocation in the hot gym on uncomfortable bleachers. I don't understand why they make bleachers curved as if anyone's butt could comfortably fit in the curve. Why not just make them flat so when we squirm around we don't end up on a point and therefore become REALLY uncomfortable. Today we also learned about our new gradebook system. It wasn't too bad. I'm actually excited that I can enter grades from home.

Over the weekend Colby was a little crazy. He pulled all of his wipes out of his container, threw a glass and shattered it all over the floor, and he opened the oven while it was on - thankfully he didn't touch anything hot, but I almost had a heart attack. And last night, he didn't sleep worth two cents!

I felt a little like Martha Stewart over the weekend. I made two loaves of zuchinnie (sp?) bread and they were delicious! I'll never understand how something with zuchinnie in it can taste so good, but it certainly does. I took a loaf to my next door neighbors as a thank you for bringing us corn last week. I felt very neighborly. Unfortunately I tried this recipe out of better homes and gardens too that didn't taste very good. Even more unfortunately, there was a lot leftover.

1 comment:

  1. I tried the zucchini bread recipe out of BHG and it didn't taste good but when I used several other cookbooks recipes it turned out much better. Have you ever had chocolate zucchini cake, very moist and yummy!

    ReplyDelete