Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, August 21, 2009

School Shoes

I spent Wednesday and Thursday at school cleaning up and moving things. Brandon came on Wednesday to move my filing cabinets and desk and stuff. While we were moving stuff I discovered that I do not have a CPU for my computer. If you're computer illiterate, that's the most important piece that contains the hard drive and software and stuff. I haven't heard back from anybody I've e-mailed about it, so I guess sometime next week it'll work itself out. If it doesn't work itself out next week, then maybe I'll get a new one by mid-semester. Yup, I'm really optimistic.

Today I went shoe shopping. I haven't bought very many really nice shoes lately, so I thought I was overdue for some. I bought two really beautiful pairs of shoes for school and a pair of slide on tennis-shoes (not for school). I'll look damn good even if I don't have a working computer. Ha! I thought Christiansburg would be crazy because of students moving in, but it wasn't too bad. I'm sure tomorrow will be crazier, so I'm glad I went today. Watching all the new students and their parents wander around Target was sort of nostalgic for me. I remember moving in back in the day. Sigh. That was like nine years ago! I'm getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment