Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bread Machine!

This week I have been expiramenting with my bread machine. My mom gave it to me a while ago because she had two of them, but I never tried it because I guess I didn't really want to learn how to use a new machine. But it's so easy! I made a loaf of bread on Monday and it was delicious! It was a little too crusty, but I discovered how to fix that today. Today I'm attempting to make a loaf of bread for Colby. I've been needed to make some low protein bread for Colby for a while because when he gets older and hungrier, he's going to want to eat more things, but unfortunately the level of phe he's allowed to eat is not going to go up substantially, so he needs to eat more with lower level's of phe. Today I also made some blueberry muffins for Colby from a mix I got at the PKU picnic back in September. I tried a tiny nibble and they taste good. I'm really attempting to let Colby have foods that other kids eat, just the low pro versions.

Today we got out of school 4 hours early. They were really concerned about the ice issue we're having tonight and into the morning, but I guess they wanted to attempt to get some SOLs in. We got our 1st and 2nd block math SOLs in and I guess tomorrow we'll attempt to get our 3rd and 4th block math SOLs in. It was sort of funny because one student came back from their SOL in a total daze. His eyes were all dilated and he couldn't process that we were getting out of school early. I guess his brain was totally fried from having to take a 60 question math test that counts toward graduation. I felt sorry for him and eternally grateful that I never had to take those sorts of tests in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment