Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Crazy Storms!

Today we had our first doozey of a thunderstorm. I was in the Christiansburg Office Max and heard it thundering. I thought I should get out before I got drenched going to my car. What greeted me outside was a full out electric storm. When it rained it poured so I decided to stop and wait it out at a different location. The whole time I was like - please don't hail, please don't hail. When it cleared enough for me to be comfortable I drove on home. Pulling onto Martin Ave. I noticed that the tree near the beginning was shredded all over the road. Our neighbors flag was down and draped over their car and our flag pole was bent and on top of the truck, one of my hanging plants was on the sidewalk, what was left of the sunflowers were bent over and a limb fell out of one of the trees behind our fenced back yard. Thankfully the gazebo was still in good shape and the corn is still standing. We're bracing for round two as I type.

While I was out I got a new battery for my watch. You may think that's a small thing to write about in my blog, but the battery has been dead for like 8 months, so that's pretty awesome. I also got my ears pierced. I can finally say that I'm a grown up...mostly!

I'm excited to go shopping tomorrow for a project my church does. We make baskets full of stuff to give out to international students that are attending Radford University. We hope it will help lead them to our church and hopefully to a life with Christ. I get to buy stuff for 15 baskets that college students might appreciate, especially if they are new to America. It's a fun challenge to buy some nice stuff with only $35 dollars per basket that I hope others will appreciate.

3 comments:

  1. some suggestions:
    -ear plugs
    -gum
    -hot cocoa/tea
    -fun pens
    -post it notes
    -silly putty (b/c it's fun!)
    -ibuprofen
    -water bottle with lemonade or powerade packet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could that also be a list of what you need to live with 2 dogs, 2 cats and a husband in a hotel for three months? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, yes...yes it could...but you'd have to add toilet paper. Everything is great here except they have the worst toilet paper both Jordan and I have ever used in our lives!!! We finally just went and bought some tonight because we could not take it anymore. You all should come visit it would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete