Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, August 6, 2010

I Can Conquer the World

Some people feel like they can conquer the world after they...save someone's life, or learn something really hard, or finish something like a thesis. But for me I feel like I can conquer the world after shopping and spending thriftily. My budget for putting together 15 baskets for the international students was $550. I spent $508 and ended up buying towels, a lamp, hangers, candy bars, goldfish, oreos, bottled water, water bottle, pens, pencils, highlighters, notebooks, laundry detergent, toothbrushes, tooth paste, shampoo, soap and a laundry basket. I felt like a superstar when we we put those baskets together and they looked awesome! Beyond that, I think any student would love to get one of those baskets. It's my hope that they really feel blessed because it was a blessing to shop for them! Colby was with me and he did a great job. He only got antsy after I started filling my third cart! It was sort of funny because a couple of the Walmart employees were looking at me like I was crazy and they were like "Do you need help?" I was like "Yeah!" That was the longest receipt in history, but I guess that's only to be expected when you buy 75 spiral notebooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment