Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Adventures Around Town

Since I last posted I had a great weekend. Brandon, Colby and I went to the Radford vs. Pulaski football game on Friday night. Four alums that were in the military parachuted onto the field before the game bringing the game ball, which was pretty cool. Unfortunately the rest of the game wasn't so interesting. Radford had a pretty good lead when we left after the halftime show. Halftime was kind of fun - they played Bon Jovi "Dead or Alive."

On Saturday we all went shopping for a little while at Once Upon a Child. Once Upon a Child is a consignment shop just for children's cloths and I love it! I can buy great clothes for a great price and feel good about not adding to the massive waste that's already taking over the world. I bought seven pairs of pants and a reversable winter jacket for $50.

On Sunday we went out to eat at Olive Garden for dinner - excellent as always. Plus I had leftovers for an equally excellent lunch on Monday. BTW, I don't know anybody who can nag so much about not getting a third plate of pasta as Jerry Gill.

Today Colby and I went shopping for towels. I have some thoughts about redoing our bathroom, thoughts that Brandon isn't all the excited about because they would involve a lot of work (installing a window and creating recessed shelving). But I think I can do both projects for an excellent price so I think it would be totally worth it. Plus it would make the bathroom look 100 times better and make it twice as functional. So to get started on my thoughts I bought 6 bath towels and 6 hand towels for $62 at JCPenny....is that a good price?

No comments:

Post a Comment