Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Birthday and Christmas

Well gang, I had a fabulous birthday. My parents arrived early on Saturday and we then went to the VT vs. Boston College game. It rained on the way over to Christiansburg to meet up with Brandon's dad, but once we pulled into Blacksburg we didn't get a single raindrop. The game was good, a little one-sided, but good. Brandon and I got our usual shaved ice (which was sort of odd because it wasn't warm outside) and my parents enjoyed themselves (well, at least my mom did :-) ). After the game we went home to spend some time together with Colby and then we went to Sal's to eat dinner. I finished eating those leftovers on Tuesday...yum :-) On Sunday we all got up, ate an awesome breakfast of bacon, egg, and cheese buiscuts. That afternoon Brandon took me to Coldstone and we spent some time with his family and continued the celebration.

This week at school hasn't been particularly noteworthy. My students were their usual rambunctious selves. I called a few more parents and whatnot. My muscular dystrophie (sp?) kid was finally healthy enough to return to school, so I go to meet him for the first time. He seems pretty cool and he has a pretty pimped out ride. It's not a van, it's like a smallish SUV that opens up on the side to let his wheelchair out. Our small animal class at school has a doggy daycare so Brandy is going to try that out tomorrow. I'm sure she's going to have fun :-)

Oh...and guess what Brandon did...he got us a "Chirstmas Present." It's going to be delivered to the Best Buy in Roanoke sometime soon! I can't wait to be blogging from my couch and not in the closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment