Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Weekend of Non-Research

I'm really excited this weekend! Tomorrow the teachers are providing cake for my birthday - we all sign up to bring in cake for someone's birthday so that everyone gets cake for their special day. And then on Saturday I'm going to the VT vs. Boston College game. I'm excited that I'm going, but not that excited about the possibility of rain, though they're saying that it will rain in the morning, so I'm hoping for a soggy kickoff that will give way to nice weather. Also my parents and possibly my sister are coming in for the weekend, which I'm really excited about. I enjoy it when they come into town. They have tickets for the game too, so hopefully if it doesn't rain I'll get to enjoy it with them. If not I'm sure they'll enjoy hanging with Colby!

I'm also glad that tomorrow is Friday and I don't have to deal with my students for a couple of days. We're starting our research papers, which is like pulling teeth because they have never done it before and they don't immediately understand the whole concept of using index cards to write bibliography and information from sources. I don't really mind answering their questions (that's what I'm there for), but they are constantly calling my name to get my attention instead of simply raising their hands. They also have a "really important" question right when I'm in the middle of talking to someone else. Its frustrating enough that I sometimes consider changing my name :-) Maybe I'm not so frustrated with the process of writing research papers as I am with the rudeness of my students.

Oh well, I'm going to watch Vampire Diaries followed by Supernatural tonight. That will be plenty to get me relaxed and ready for another fun day of research tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment