Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gardening

Today we tilled out a section of the back yard so that we can grow a bigger garden. I say we, but Brandon did most of the tilling because when I tried it, it was definately harder than it looked. I don't feel like it should be that hard, but it is on ground that has never been tilled. We didn't get to do the front flower beds or the small raised beds...I guess I'll be doing it by hand. Maybe I can get a manual tiller for cheap at Lowes. I bought my first plants of the spring today. I bought a snapdragon hanging basket and some small butterfly attracting plants to put out front. I'm still contemplating what else to put out front. I have a feeling that we're going to have a good growing season and one of the teachers at school said I could borrow her pressure canner, so it's going to be awesome well into the fall and winter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment