Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ironic Happenings

Thankfully it's been a while since I've had to break up a fight at school, but today I made up for that. Last week I had two girls telling me that they were bff's, but today one was punching the other and they were both calling each other sluts and whores. Oh how things change. Thankfully I didn't really have to get between them, the agressor stopped when I hollared at her. I was sort of mean when we got to the office and told the agressor to wipe the smile off her face because what she did was stupid and immature. Ironically enough, the fight errupted while we were in the middle of reading a story about Gandhi and his non-violent philosophy :-)

By the way, I was trying to teach my kids about irony and I talked about the song "Ironic" by Alanis Morisette. They had NO idea what I was talking about. That song came out in the late 90s, they still play it on the radio and it was a BIG deal when that album came out. I think I'm getting old since music I used to listen to in high school is considered oldies.

No comments:

Post a Comment