Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Crazy Sad Week So Far

Wow, I hadn't realized how long it's been since I posted! So my weekend was good. I got a sitter for a couple hours so that I could go work the Three Little Pigs stand at the VT game. I earned $75 by wrapping bbq sandwiches in foil...but the best part was that I got to watch the entire football game on the jumbotron, incerceptions and all! I won't lie...I wasn't very enthused on the first couple of drives, but once the defense and offense started turning their wheels it was all over for ECU.

On Sunday I cooked one of our pumpkins from the garden. I got twelve cups of pumpkin!! That's a lot of pumpkin. I froze most of it and left out a few cups because I had plans for it.

Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse this week when Brandon called me at work yesterday to say that his grandmother had a massive stroke Monday night and they had taken her off life support. As of right now, she's still hanging on. Apparently her heart is healthy as a horse, but she hasn't woken up or anything since the stroke. I hope she doesn't linger...I think she's wanted everything to be over for a while so that she can forget all the problems of this life. At any rate I haven't really been able to be very helpful except for cooking food. I've had to keep Colby and Colby can't really go to the hospital (what's this tube? Ooops) so food was what I could do. I made a fabulous pumpkin dump cake...super good! Here's the link: http://www.momswhothink.com/cake-recipes/pumpkin-dump-cake-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment