Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, September 27, 2010

Happiness and Sadness

Shortly after I wrote my last post I got the call that Brandon's grandmother had passed away. It was sad, but at the same time she was at peace so that was good. However there is one awkward thing: She's being buried at Arlington National Cemetary because she was in world war two, but they have a huge backlog and the funeral can't take place until October 21st! I think that's crazy!

Over the weekend Brandon and Colby and I went to the outer banks for his cousin Jaime's wedding. She was getting married on the beach at Kill Devil Hills. It was a really nice ceremony and you couldn't ask for better weather (except maybe not as windy!). Jaime looked gorgeous! At the reception I discovered that nobody can get under your skin better than your own child. I discovered this when Brandon got so angry and frustrated with Colby that we had to leave. But it will be okay - they were back to best buds by the next day. On our way there we decided to travel through North Carolina. It was a nice drive...it took the same amount of time as going through Virginia with fewer traffic headaches. On the way back we went through Hampton to visit with my family for lunch, which was nice since I hadn't seen them in over a month.

Oh, and...Go Hokies! I'm proud of my team for shutting out BC at BC. Hopefully they'll take out North Carolina at North Carolina and knock them off of #23 and maybe inch us closer to the top 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment