Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, May 6, 2011

Colby Food Issue

We had our first real food issue yesterday with Colby. Up until yesterday he was pretty cool with eating things that are different from mommy and daddy. Yesterday I fixed pigs in a blanket and while I was cooking I talked to Colby about how hot dogs were not Colby foods and that they were bad for him. He said okay and repeated what I said so I put them in the oven and moved on. Way later Colby decided to sneak into the kitchen and take a bite of one. I was watching him and when it got really quiet I followed him, saw what he was doing and made him spit it out. Then he went to timeout for not listening, but I felt really bad. After his two minutes I went to hug him and hold him and explain to him again that hot dogs were not good for him. He said okay again between hiccups. What a rotten predicament. It's awful to have to deny him a food that we all take for granted that we can eat. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment