Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Home Visit

Today was the first of three home visits for the fostering to adopt. We met our case worker and she gave us a ton of paperwork to fill out including a whole giant packet about our personal lives. We have to go get fingerprinted and our families and friends will have questions asked of them to see if we're fit parents. One thing was clear - we need to fix up the spare bedroom so it's not our junk room anymore :-) Plus Brandon will need to start putting his gun in the safe and he's not supposed to have a gun in the car while driving with foster children, so that will be a change.

In other news I have seven more days of school left. I'm pretty excited about being off for a couple of weeks before my internship during summer school. I like my kids but they wear me out! And they have some serious spring fever! We'er almost done with The Road so it'll be a breeze to get through the rest of the school year. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment