Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gardening!

I am slowly but surely planting the big garden. We should have already done this a week and a half ago, but we've been busy. Last Sunday after the rain came to an end, I worked on the new front flower bed. I planted some sunflowers and some orange flowers that are doing well in the other flower bed and some new pink flowers I've never planted before along with some lilies Brandon bought. And Brandon was busy with planting his new peach trees. We now have two decently tall trees with fruit already on them. If only we could keep the dogs out of them. Brandon has fenced them off like Fort Knox, but those dogs still keep messing with the one closest to the house. This year we're planting the usuals - tomatoes, peppers, onions, lettuce, okra, squash, zuchini, watermelon, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, and green beans - and we're also planting sweet potatoes, strawberries, and spaghetti squash. I'm super excited about getting some awesome veggies...oh, speaking of I need to go out and take the blooms off my tomatoes so they'll grow bigger before I get some fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment