Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Yesterday I blogged about starting my diet. I must've done something right because I lost 4 pounds between yesterday and today :-) That's the other reason I like this diet - I see results almost immediately and it gives me the motivation to keep going. And I'll need the motivation because I realized that this week at school will be pretty tempting with at least two cakes for various birthdays.

Today was a pretty good day. It was Memorial Day so we were all off. We went to the park for a good hour and a half this morning and Colby had a blast making friends and running around. We went to Walmart to get a card because a family friend's husband passed away. He was only 52 with three kids in their twenties and upper teens. I'm sad that they didn't get to spend more time with their dad, but in an odd way it motivates me to keep losing weight. He didn't safeguard his health and died too young so I need to safeguard mine so that Colby can spend a good long time with his mommy.

Oh...and I bought an outdoor clothesline! I'm super excited to make these super hot days work to my advantage and save a little money in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment