Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Guess You Can Call it Progress

So, I didn't call the electrician and I didn't make it to Lowes, but I did make it to Walmart to scope out what they had in the vegetable garden department. The only things they had that I would buy were tomatoe's and red peppers. They had a lot of other random stuff, but nothing else that I wanted to give a shot. They did however have some really pretty annuals and perrennials. I bought a flat of petunias (I love petunias!), two Colombines and two small sunflowerish looking flowers that were yellow and orange. I think the Columbines and the sunflowerish flowers will look nice out front to replace those dead bushes that need to be removed. I planted some of the petunias on the back porch last night and noticed that the horses were back for the summer. I really like looking out the back door and seeing those horses so I'm glad they're back. Still working on getting the aderondak (sp?) chairs that Brandon made in high school, once we get those and paint them, our front porch will be good to go - I read a book out there the other night after the sun had set but there was still enough light, but my VT camping chair doesn't look very fashionable out there. Oh, and if you know where to buy a lilac bush, let me know...I want one...they smell really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment