Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Exam Week = Movie Week

At school we have exams on Thursday and Friday. That means that I can't start teaching anything new so we're watching movies. I made a deal with my kids at the beginning of the semester that the first person who turned in their book vs. movie compare and contrast paper would be allowed to show their movie in class. We ended up with Twilight, The Green Mile, and V for Vendetta - an awesome triple feature if I do say so myself. Especially today since we watched all the boring stuff yesterday. And I never realized how much I enjoy The Green Mile (except for the crazy execution scene, which I wouldn't let my students watch much to their displeasure) and how much I really like Tom Hanks. I think it was a fantastic story to do a report on.

Still no luck getting Colby to eat grown up food. He sort of ate two green beans, Brandon told me, but I'm sure that means he mashed up three quarters of them and chewed on the other fourth, maybe eating it in the process. He has no problem with cereal and crackers, but you better forget it when it comes to the veggies....for now...mwhahahaha. One day he'll eat them because I'm persistent enough to keep offering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment